DeVry recognizes outstanding student achievement by granting annual awards for leadership, service, innovation and impact, academic performance and perseverance. These prestigious awards, among the highest bestowed by DeVry, honor individuals who have made outstanding contributions and achieved success through their dedication, involvement, service and creative leadership. Award recipients are recognized at local ceremonies often held at or near graduation. The new award categories are as follows.
This national award is bestowed upon the undergraduate and graduate student who has exhibited outstanding extracurricular leadership within the DeVry University community.
- May be shown by community/service awards or commendations, including exemplary work in communities before and during DeVry Experience.
- Student demonstrated leadership role, which includes planning, set-up, or implementation of successful campus or community events.
- Winner will likely be someone that has been recognized for their work in the local community.
- Nature of the work for which leadership has been recognized could be such that it would bring credit to both the recipient and the University
This national award is granted to the undergraduate and graduate student who has best exhibited outstanding service to the DeVry University community.
- May be shown by substantial efforts outside of class to support the DeVry community and beyond. May be shown by a single, sustained effort, or multiplicity of service projects benefiting the University or the community.
- Winner displays professionalism, passion and charisma in service efforts.
- Whereas the leadership award comes with continuing recognition of leadership ability, the service award honors those who are always there to assist and may be unheralded mentors to the success of service efforts.
Innovation & Impact Award
This national award is presented to the undergraduate and graduate individual or team deemed to have designed the most creative entrepreneurial project that would likely benefit a community.
- Must include holistic view of project, and must be recognized by internal and external judges and reviewers as exemplary and exhibiting outstanding creativity.
- Project or design(s) should be dynamic and on the leading edge of change.
- These cutting edge ideas should create meaningful new relationships, processes, or concepts.
- Project shows student(s) ingenuity and personal responsibility for creating, designing or taking advantage of new opportunities.
Academic Performance Award
This award is bestowed upon one student from each of the University's five Colleges who best demonstrates outstanding academic achievement in his or her program of study. Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled on campus or online may be eligible to receive this award. Students are identified by The Academics and Registrar departments.
This award recognizes one undergraduate and graduate student from each of the University's five Colleges who has exhibited perseverance and achieved outstanding success under challenging circumstances. Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled on campus or online may be eligible to receive this award. Students are identified by The Academics and Registrar departments.
To access the nomination form please click here.